Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 49: Hospitals
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. Before my father was _____ to the hospital, he had to undergo a series of tests.
11. Will your insurance company _____ a visit to a specialist?
12. As a precaution, it’s wise to _____ someone in your family to make health care decisions for you in case there is a time that you cannot.
13. Your X-rays will have your name and social security number printed on them, so we can easily _____ them as yours.
14. Before we can begin the surgery, we will need your signed _____ authorizing us to perform the procedure.
15. Is it _____ for a doctor to order so many tests?
Part 6 Text Completion
— When you arrive, check in with the nurse on duty at the front desk.
— All patients must have signed _____ (16) from a doctor before entering the hospital. Please give the signed form to the nurse.
— The nurse will also need to see a form of identiﬁcation and proof of insurance. We cannot _____ (17) anyone to the hospital without these. There will be no exceptions.
— The nurse will complete the pertinent paperwork and assign you to a room.
— Please wait in the designated area. A hospital staff member _____ (18) you to your room.
— Family members are not permitted to accompany patients to their rooms. They must wait until the usual visiting hours to see their loved ones. A schedule of visiting hours is posted in the main lobby.
(B) will escort
(C) is escorting
(D) has escorted
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. What does Henry ask Annabelle to do?
(A) Recommend a hospital.
(B) Perform surgery.
(C) Visit him in the hospital.
(D) Talk to his doctor.
20. Why was Annabelle in the hospital last year?
(A) For a broken knee.
(B) For a broken elbow.
(C) For a hip replacement.
(D) For a knee replacement.
21. How long was Annabelle in the hospital?
(A) Three days.
(B) A week.
(C) Ten days.
(D) A month.
22. The word results in the first e-mail, line 10 is closest in meaning to
23. The word mission in the second e-mail, line 7 is closest in meaning to
Xem bài học chi tiết tại: https://hoctuvung.hochay.com/tu-vung-toeic/sach-600-tu-vung-toeic-lesson-49-hospitals-hoc-hay-191.html
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader